Submit an Article to MODX.today
So you're thinking of writing an article for MODX.today? What a splendid idea! We can use all the help we can get in maintaining a constant stream of quality content about MODX, so we're glad to have the opportunity to work with you.
Here's how it works.
- Write your article. Ideally in a flat text format like Markdown.
- Submit your article via the form. Add any images as attachments.
- Within a few minutes, you'll receive a confirmation we received your article via email.
- We will add your article to our staging site. We will make sure it is formatted properly and do some mild editing if necessary. We'll send you a temporary link so you can go over it one more time.
- When it's scheduled for publishing, we'll let you know the planned date.
- When it's live, we'll send you the link.
Here's what we expect from submitted articles.
- The topic is directly relevant to MODX.
- Only original content will be published. For great articles or tutorials elsewhere, submit a Link article.
- Keep it friendly. No harassment, racism, overly foul language, anything illegal, or otherwise morally or ethically unsatisfactory articles will be published.
- Posts about commercial offerings are fine, but no press releases/advertisements. Independent (p)reviews are preferred over posts written by a vendor.
- You acknowledge having the legal right to publish any and all content in the article, including media rights for images and permission to discuss privileged information if any.
We have different article types for different types of content. These are:
- Regular (Text): all about written content, with optional rich media (images, image galleries, videos). Most posts fall into this category.
- Video: one embedded video, with text introduction. Example: Proof of Concept: Toggling groups of TVs
- Link: a post type that does not have a full article page, instead it's just available from the overview pages and links directly to an external website. Can have a preview image.